I made it!

After two 10 hour flights and spending the night taking naps on the floor of the Bangkok airport, I am finally in Krabi. It was a long, enjoyable journey and I surprisingly made it without any troubles. The Canadian girl (Lee), the English girls (Emma and Ella) and I met up in the Bangkok airport and have been walking around little Krabi town together. We have already made ourselves known as the confused roaming foreigners. The four of us get along extremely well... they are all wonderful and we feel like long time friends already. I can't imagine being here on my own, where no one speaks fluent English and every person turns their head as we walk by. The area of town that we are in is full of little shops and people riding motorbikes in sandals without helmets...sort of how I imagined it to be. There is a river in back of the hotel with some beautiful scenery, but the town itself is much less...civilized...then I had expected. Our deluxe hotel room has a mirror that you can't see yourself in and ceilings caving down above our beds...but there is air conditioning!! My hair is dripping in sweat and is as frizzy as can be, and I'm ready for my second shower of the day. Sticky sticky sticky. All the clothes I brought with me are seeming thicker by the minute.
Can't wait to head to Ao Luk tomorrow and meet the rest of the volunteers!

p.s. I'm working on getting a phone, but have yet to find a legit phone shop...

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I am so happy that you've arrived safely. I can't wait to see pictures. Last night, Chris and I went to a Thai restaurant and had Chang beer ('Chang' = elephant).
    Glad you've got some good friends already.
    Thinking of you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I can't wait to read more. I'm so happy you made it safely. Love you!

    ReplyDelete